MAXIMUM FUN FOR THE FALL RUN
September 04, 2019
Hook Into St. Croix Performance With the Versatile and Value-Laden Triumph® Salmon & Steelhead Series
Durable, sensitive and possessing impressive power to turn hot fish, St. Croix Triumph@ Salmon & Steelhead rods are built for savvy anglers seeking an ideal combination of performance and value.
Fall is almost here, and for impassioned salmon and steelhead anglers throughout the Pacific Northwest and Great Lakes states, that means increasing numbers of powerful, dime-bright fish returning to their natal streams. Salmon are on a mission to spawn; they’re on edge, aggressive and ready to fight. The steelhead are happier and eager to feed, arriving to stuff themselves full of eggs and decaying salmon flesh. All stand ready to test the skills and tackle of amassing anglers.
These large, powerful fish are susceptible to a variety of angling techniques as they move inshore and into the tributaries. Experienced anglers know the local runs well, and adapt strategies and gear to match what’s happening at the time – not last week or yesterday, but right now. Whether chucking hardware from the pier heads, trolling the harbors and inlets, or plugging, back-bouncing skein or drift fishing the holding water further upstream, salmon and steelhead anglers need technique-specific rods built with the durability and power to tame big fish in heavy current.
Fall steelhead enter the rivers to feed, and will test the skills of anglers and the limits of their tackle.
Designed in Park Falls, U.S.A. and handcrafted at St. Croix’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Fresnillo, Mexico, Triumph Salmon & Steelhead rods are available in five spinning and two casting models to cover the gamut of popular salmon and steelhead techniques – from drifting tiny, delicate baits on 4-6-lb line, to pulling plugs on braid in heavy current and everything in between. Two-piece Spinning rods range in length from 8’6” to 10’6”, while two-piece casting choices are both 8’6”. Each Triumph model carries a 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
Five two-piece Triumph Salmon & Steelhead spinning models are available in 8’6” to 10’6” lengths and a variety of actions and powers.
TRIUMPH SALMON & STEELHEAD SPINNING RODS
- 8’6” two-piece, medium power, fast action spinning (TRS86MF2)
- 8’6”two-piece, medium-heavy power, fast action spinning (TRS86MHF2)
- 8’6”two-piece, heavy power, fast action spinning (TRS86HF2)
- 9’ two-piece, light power, moderate action spinning (TRS90LM2)
- 10’6” two-piece, ultra-light power, slow action spinning (TRS106ULS2)
Two fast action, two-piece Triumph Salmon & Steelhead casting models are available.
TRIUMPH SALMON & STEELHEAD CASTING RODS
- 8’6”two-piece, medium-heavy power, fast action casting (TRC86MHF2)
- 8’6” two-piece, heavy power, fast action casting (TRC86HF2)
Kings of the fall, Chinook salmon are powerful fish that require an equally powerful rod. St. Croix Triumph Salmon & Steelhead rods deliver!
Featuring durable and sensitive SCII graphite blanks, hard aluminum-oxide guides, Fuji reel seats and premium-grade cork handles, St. Croix’s hardworking Triumph Series represents a unique opportunity for salmon and steelhead anglers to build a quiver of quality, technique-specific rods without spending a fortune. All Triumph Salmon and Steelhead models have an angler-friendly MSRP of just $130.
TRIUMPH SALMON & STEELHEAD FEATURES
- Premium quality SCII graphite
- Hard aluminum-oxide guides with black frames
- Fuji® DPS reel seat with frosted silver hoods on spinning models
- Fuji® ECS or TCS reel seat with frosted silver hoods on casting models
- Premium-grade cork handle
- Two coats of Flex-Coat slow cure finish
- Five spinning and two casting models ranging from 8’6” to 10’6” cover all popular salmon and steelhead techniques
- 5-year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed in Park Falls and handcrafted in Fresnillo, Mexico
About St. Croix Rod
Headquartered in Park Falls, Wisconsin, St. Croix has been proudly producing the “Best Rods on Earth” for 70 years. Combining state-of-the-art manufacturing processes with skilled craftsmanship, St. Croix is the only major producer to still build rods entirely from design through manufacturing. The company remains family-owned and operates duplicate manufacturing facilities in Park Falls and Fresnillo, Mexico. With popular trademarked series such as Legend®, Legend Xtreme®, Avid®, Premier®, Tidemaster®, Imperial®, Triumph® and Mojo, St. Croix is revered by all types of anglers from around the world.