Balanced Inshore Performance
August 17, 2023
Saltwater spinning rods and reels anglers can trust, Sole delivers premium, handcrafted St. Croix performance in four precision-matched inshore fishing systems
Inshore angling. Sometimes it’s about the fillets but it’s always about the fun. The games are diverse – involving target species of variable sizes with different habits, unique forage, and changeable conditions – each requiring the proper gear to play.
To this end, today’s inshore anglers know what they like; namely, light, crisp, powerful and durable rods matched with strong, smooth and dependable reels for balanced performance in the execution of techniques and presentations that bring their target species to hand. They also appreciate buying gear from a brand they can trust.
Sole Saltwater Fishing Systems provide bundled, worry-free St. Croix performance right off the rack. Whether casting swimbaits to snook or redfish; free-lining live bait to tarpon, cobia, permit or stripers; or fishing jetties for sheepshead or snapper, Sole is conceived and offered to help any angler enjoy better inshore-fishing experiences.
Beyond the blank, Sole inshore spinning models are finished with equally impressive componentry, angler-tuned ergonomics and progressive aesthetics. Full cork handles feature the most-durable agglomerated cork material ever tested by St. Croix. Nylon and stainless-steel locking reel seats combine with a fingers-forward grip design to support comfortable and balanced all-day fishing. Lightweight and durable, braid-friendly stainless-steel and aluminum oxide guides further promote crisp, balanced, and light-in-the hand performance. Sole rods are finished in a striking Blue Metallic finish with deep-blue accents.
Medium, medium-heavy and heavy power 7’ Sole models are matched with precision-engineered 3500-size Sole spinning reels, while the 7’6” medium-heavy power model receives optimal balance and performance from a 4500-size reel. Strong, lightweight, skeletonized composite saltwater-grade Sole reels derive silky smooth operation from six ball bearings, one roller bearing, and a proven stacked carbon drag system, while featuring a versatile 6.2:1 retrieve ratio. Aluminum, large-arbor spools are designed for optimal performance with a full range of today’s braided, fluorocarbon and monofilament lines, while a rubberized paddle grip provides optimal handle comfort and control. Silver Sole reels with blue accents compliment the Sole system’s appealing aesthetics.
St. Croix Sole Saltwater Fishing Systems Features
- Premium-quality SCII carbon fiber blanks with FRS for unparalleled strength and durability
- Outstanding combination of strength, sensitivity and hook-setting power
- Slim stainless-steel guides with aluminum oxide rings
- Ergonomic nylon and stainless-steel reel seat with durable, full-grip agglomerated cork handle with cork composite accents
- Premium, saltwater-grade 3500- or 4500-size composite, seven-bearing spinning reel with braid-ready aluminum spool
- 5-year rod warranty and one-year reel warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service
- Designed and assembled in Park Falls, USA; rods handcrafted in North America at St. Croix’s Fresnillo, Mexico factory, imported reels crafted to St. Croix specifications on proprietary, St. Croix-owned tooling
- Retail price: $225-$250 USD
St. Croix Sole Saltwater Fishing Systems Models
- SOLE SOLS70MF-C – 7’0”, medium power, fast action, 8-17 lb. line, one-piece spinning rod; 3500-size 7-bearing spinning reel / Retail $225
- SOLE SOLS70MHF-C – 7’0”, medium-heavy power, fast action, 10-20 lb. line, one-piece spinning rod; 3500-size 7-bearing spinning reel / Retail $235
- SOLE SOLS70HF-C – 7’0”, heavy power, fast action, 12-25 lb. line, one-piece spinning rod; 3500-size 7-bearing spinning reel / Retail $245
- SOLE SOLS76MHF-C – 7’6”, medium-heavy power, fast action, 10-25 lb. line, one-piece spinning rod; 4500-size 7-bearing spinning reel / Retail $250
Eliminate the worry of selecting the right inshore rod and reel and start enjoying fishing more. St. Croix Sole Saltwater Fishing Systems will appeal to any angler seeking precision-balanced, elevated and handcrafted performance in an optimally matched inshore rod and reel from a brand they can trust.